Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Congestive Heart Failure #2 / Сердечная недостаточность #2

Alternative Medicine for Congestive Heart Failure

 

 

Signs and Symptoms


  • Certain symptoms when seen together can be indicative of congestive heart failure. These symptoms include fatigue, intolerance to exercise, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, cough (when walking), excessive urination at night and protein in the urine, anorexia, swelling in extremities, anxiety, difficulty sleeping and rust colored sputum.

  • Causes of CHF

  • It is important to note that there are other causes to CHF outside of heart disease. If you are guilty of any of the following you are increasing your risk of developing congestive heart failure. These activities include smoking, alcoholism, pneumonia, influenza, not taking your prescription medications as directed, improper diet, being overweight, eating a diet high in fat.

  • Nutritional Therapy for CHF

  • Herbal medicine and nutritional therapy can have an effective impact on improving the strength of the heart and making it work more efficient. Here are a number of dietary recommendations and the recommended dosage.
    Antioxidants--Selenium (200 mcg/day), vitamin E (400 IU/day), vitamin C (1000 mg three times each day).
    Essential Fatty Acids--iincludes fish oil, (1500 mg two times/day). This will help decrease inflammation.
    Coenzyme Q10--antioxidant helps to increase the amount of oxygen going to the tissues and muscles. 30 to 50 mg two times a day is recommended.
    Seasoning your food--Onions, garlic and ginger are excellent boosters to improved circulation. Increasing your fiber intake from vegetable and fruit sources, as well as vegetarian source of protein are recommended. You should also make sure that you are getting the potassium you need each day and decrease your salt intake.
    Magnesium--mineral that many of us are deficient in to begin with. Magnesium helps to dilate the blood vessels. Get 500 mg each day.

  • Herbs

  • Herbs can be taken in a variety of forms such as in capsules, powders, teas, tinctures and glycerites. Here are a number of herbs that are beneficial for CHF treatment.
    Hawthorn (Crataegus oxyacantha): increases blood vessel integrity; dose is 3 to 5 g. This dose is difficult to achieve in tea or tincture. Supplements or solid extract are used.
    Mistletoe (Viscum album): protects against high blood pressure and hardening of the arteries, historically for exhaustion and nervousness
    Rosemary (Rosemariana officinalis): increases coronary artery blood flow, used to stimulate digestion and relieve nervous tension
    Lily of the valley (Convallaria majalis): specific for cardiac insufficiency; exceeding recommended doses may lead to nausea, vomiting, headache, stupor. Use no more than 30 drops per day."


  • ==========


    2 comments:

    1. I am 58 years old, and was diagnosed with heart failure over a year ago. My main symptoms was fatigue, shortness of breath, and a general sense that these symptoms will keep me out of normal life activities, my symptom was not being able to breathe when lying down basically . I’ve kind of resigned to the fact that this is how life will be for me back until I found herbs that stop this CHF easily and relief all the airways. My wife and her caregiver assume I can't be as active, and thus I was excused from normal life responsibilities but natural herbs from www. totalcureherbsfoundation. com really helped a but sometimes I think is God prodigy that I was able to treat my congestive heart failure but total cure herbs foundation herbal formula has a big impact on my recovery because my heart condition has been fully eliminate, during your order you have choose the AATD herbal remedy on their website order list to get the right treatment for Congestive heart failure . They do things for me, and was too happy to comply with their service. This is a equitable of a way to get of your heart failure.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I grew up with asthma; I suffered sinus and respiratory infections my entire life. I started smoking at 16. When I was in my early 40s, my asthma was becoming increasingly worse. I was diagnosed with CHF at age 47. I am now 55. I quit smoking four years ago. The disease does not improve. My good days were far, I was scared that I won’t survive it but I was so lucky to receive a herbal products from my step father who bought it while coming from South Africa for Rugby league, this herbal remedies saved me from this disease, at first it helps fight the symptoms of diseases and I was seeing good outcome, I had to use it for 13 weeks just as they Dr was prescribed and I was totally cured of asthma and Congestive heart failure (CHF) ( multivitamincare.org ) do not hesitate to purchase from them they deliver across worldwide also.

      ReplyDelete